We are going to learn easy to cook Veg Fried Rice Recipe in a glimpse. Vegetable Fried rice is one of the most popular indo-Chinese dish. It is an easy and flavorful recipe which can be made from leftover rice or freshly cooked rice. This can be served with any gravy dish like Chilly Paneer, Manchurian or can be eaten alone also. If you like your rice to be very spicy, you can add chili sauce or schezwan sauce to it.
PREPARATION TIME- 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME – 20 Minutes
COURSE- Main Course
- BASMATI RICE-2 CUPS (Uncooked)
- OIL-2 Tbsp.
- CAPSICUM- 1 Medium(Finely Chopped)
- CARROT- 1 Medium(Finely Chopped)
- CABBAGE- ¼ Medium(Finely Chopped)
- GREEN BEANS- 5-7 (Finely Chopped)
- 20-25 Corn Kernels(Boiled)
- ONION- 1 (Long Sliced)
- GARLIC- 2 Teaspoon
- GREEN CHILLI-1 (Finely Chopped)
- SOY SAUCE- 1 Tbsp.
- WHITE VINEGAR-1 Tbsp.
- SALT- To Taste
- BLACK PEPPER POWDER- ½ Tbsp.
- SPRING ONION GREEN/ SCALLION- To Garnish
- Wash Rice and Soak for 20 Minutes.
- Boil 8-10 cups of water in a large pan and add drained rice to it.
- Add ½ tbsp. salt and 1 tbsp. oil to avoid stickiness in cooked rice.
- Cook rice till it turns soft but don’t overcook it.
- Drain off the rice and let them cool.
STEPS TO COOK-
- Heat oil in a pan at high flame.
- Once the oil is heated add chopped garlic and green chilly.
- Now add onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.
COOKING TIPS –
- Cool the rice completely before adding to vegetables.
- After cooking, add 1 tbsp. of oil to rice and toss to prevent sticking.
- Always cook on high flame for more flavor and aroma.
- Add chili sauce or schezwan sauce for extra spiciness.
HEALTH TIPS –
- Always check ingredients of your soy sauce and avoid the ones with MSG in it.
- Soy sauce is high in sodium so use it in moderation in your diet.
- Vegetables like beans, capsicum etc. are good for health, don’t overcook your vegetables to keep the crunchiness intact.